Employment & Internships
Endurance Racing Magazine (ERM) is seeking responsible, deadline- and detail-oriented writers who wish to contribute consistently to Endurance Racing Magazine. Candidates must have excellent writing, researching and interviewing skills and must be able to follow detailed instructions. Contributors will work on a freelance basis with one or multiple stories per month.
Please check back for updates on additional opportunities.
If you would like Happenings to keep your resume on file for other positions for up to one year, please email it ERM1.Mag@gmail.com with “Resume” in the subject line.
Internship Opportunities (non-paid) – click here
Growing your skills and putting your classroom knowledge in practice is an essential part of your education. Find out more about the exciting world of magazine production through a Happenings Magazine internship!
Why should you apply for a ERM Internship?
- ERM Interns get valuable hands-on learning at a working magazine and ad agency to build their skills and what they’ve learned in the classroom.
- Employers look for more than just classroom experience. Having a ERM internship on a resume can give interns the edge.
- ERM Interns can meet valuable business and professional contacts.
- Interns who do well can add ERM staff as references for their future employment search.
- When hiring, ERM regularly takes past exemplary interns into consideration.
Who should apply for a ERM Internship?
- Students who are motivated and willing to work.
- Students interested in journalism/writing, research, graphic design, photography, marketing/public relations, office administration or other related fields.
- Students interested in bylines for a sports magazine
- Students interested in sports photography
- Students interested in covering races, interviewing athletes, and writing feature content
- Students interested in the publication business, digital media, print management, digital analytics, and analytics reporting
What should you know about a ERM Internship?
- Most internships will be 15 hours per week minimum for approximately 15 weeks (about 200 hours).
- All internships will focus on a variety of magazine work.
- Happenings internships are unpaid.
Interns can join the magazine at any time of the year.
Steps to Obtaining a ERM Internship:
Step 1: Submission
Email or mail all materials mentioned below to ERM1.Mag@gmail.com with “internship application” in the subject line.
- Cover letter
- 3-5 Professional or academic references with accurate contact information
Step 2: Interview
Meet for a brief interview after we contact you.
Bring samples of your work.
Step 3: Hiring
All hired interns must attend an introductory work day to meet the staff and get acquainted to office procedures.
Step 4: Internship
Get ready to jump right in!